Using the services of letting agents to find your next home is always useful. Renting through letting agents offers you two important things:
- an increased choice of potential flats and houses to rent
- the reassurance of knowing you’re dealing with professionals
When you’ve worked out what you can afford in rent and decided on the area you want to live in, contact as many of the local letting agents as you can.
Help with finding a place to rent
Finding a flat or house through social media or individual listings is time-consuming and laborious. Renting through letting agents is quick and efficient – more potential places to see at viewing times you’ve agreed easily with one call or email.
It’s always worth building relationships with letting agents to find out if any potential homes that match your requirements are coming up. The rental market moves much faster than the sales market.
Make sure that they’re clear about what you want, and that they know you’re serious about finding a place to rent.
Visit also https://careaccountancy.co.uk/tax-news-in-uk/ for details about current tax affairs.
Tips to help you
Here are some tips to help you get the most from agents:
- Demonstrate that you’re serious and you’ve got everything you need to rent quickly, so you’re in front of mind with the letting agents when suitable homes come in.
- Tell the agent which of your rented home requirements are absolutely fixed, for example, the number of bedrooms, and what you may be more flexible about.
- Don’t waste their time and yours. Avoid looking at places to rent that are outside your budget or don’t fit your criteria.
- Give feedback. After viewings, tell the agent what you liked and didn’t. So they can build up a clear picture of what you’re looking for.
- And of course, if you love the flat or house, act quickly to bag it as your next home.
- If there is nothing suitable on a letting agency’s books immediately, keep contacting them for updates. If they don’t hear from you, they’ll assume you’ve found something elsewhere. So they will put your details ‘on file’.
Letting agents may also be finding tenants, checking references and providing an inventory OR they may also be managing the property for the landlord for the duration of the tenancy. That means they will be your main point of contact for repairs and maintenance and for receiving your rent.